The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) examination every year to recruit candidates for various non-technical Group B and Group C posts in the government of India. The Tier 1 exam is the first stage of the SSC CGL selection process and consists of multiple choice questions from four subjects – General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, and English Comprehension.
- 1 When is the SSC CGL Tier 1 Result Announced?
- 2 How to Check the SSC CGL Tier 1 Result?
- 3 What is the Cut-off for the SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam?
- 4 What Happens After the SSC CGL Tier 1 Result is Announced?
- 5 SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam Pattern
- 6 SSC CGL Tier 1 Syllabus
- 7 Tips for Preparing for the SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam
- 8 SSC CGL Tier 1 Admit Card
- 9 SSC CGL Tier 1 Answer Key
- 10 Direct Links for SSC CGL Tier 1 Result
- 11 SSC CGL Tier 1 Cut-off Trend
When is the SSC CGL Tier 1 Result Announced?
The SSC CGL Tier 1 result is usually announced a few months after the completion of the examination. The exact date of the result announcement is not fixed and is usually released on the SSC’s official website. Candidates can check the website for updates and notifications about the result.
How to Check the SSC CGL Tier 1 Result?
Candidates can check their SSC CGL Tier 1 result by visiting the SSC’s official website and following the steps below:
- Go to the SSC’s official website (ssc.nic.in).
- Click on the “Results” tab.
- Click on the link for the SSC CGL Tier 1 result.
- Enter your roll number and date of birth in the fields provided.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
The result will be displayed on the screen. Candidates are advised to take a printout of the result for future reference.
What is the Cut-off for the SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam?
The cut-off for the SSC CGL Tier 1 exam is the minimum qualifying marks that a candidate must score in order to be eligible for the next stage of the selection process. The cut-off is usually released along with the result and is determined based on a number of factors, including the number of candidates who appeared for the exam, the difficulty level of the exam, and the availability of vacancies.
What Happens After the SSC CGL Tier 1 Result is Announced?
After the SSC CGL Tier 1 result is announced, the candidates who have qualified for the next stage of the selection process will be required to appear for the Tier 2 exam. The Tier 2 exam consists of multiple choice questions from four subjects – Quantitative Aptitude, English Language and Comprehension, Statistics, and General Studies (Finance and Economics). The candidates who qualify the Tier 2 exam will be eligible for the final selection process, which includes the Tier 3 exam (a descriptive paper) and the document verification process.
The final selection of candidates for various posts will be based on their performance in all the three tiers of the examination and their overall merit in the selection process.
SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam Pattern
The SSC CGL Tier 1 exam consists of a total of 100 multiple choice questions, with each subject carrying a weightage of 25 marks. The exam is conducted in an online mode and the duration of the exam is 60 minutes.
The exam pattern for the SSC CGL Tier 1 exam is as follows:
|Subject||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||25|
Candidates are required to secure the minimum qualifying marks in each subject as well as in the overall examination in order to be eligible for the next stage of the selection process.
SSC CGL Tier 1 Syllabus
The syllabus for the SSC CGL Tier 1 exam covers a wide range of topics from various subjects. Some of the key topics covered in the syllabus are:
- General Intelligence and Reasoning: Verbal and non-verbal reasoning, spatial visualization, problem-solving, decision making, etc.
- General Awareness: Current affairs, general knowledge, static GK, etc.
- Quantitative Aptitude: Number systems, arithmetic, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, etc.
- English Comprehension: Reading comprehension, grammar, vocabulary, etc.
Candidates are advised to go through the complete syllabus in detail and prepare accordingly for the SSC CGL Tier 1 exam.
Tips for Preparing for the SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam
- Familiarize yourself with the exam pattern and syllabus: Understanding the exam pattern and syllabus will help you know what to expect in the exam and how to prepare for it.
- Make a study plan: Create a study plan that works for you and stick to it. Make sure to allocate sufficient time for each subject and practice regularly.
- Practice with mock tests: Taking mock tests will not only help you get an idea of the exam pattern and difficulty level, but it will also help you improve your time management skills.
- Stay updated with current affairs: General Awareness is an important part of the SSC CGL Tier 1 exam, so make sure to stay updated with current affairs by reading newspapers and watching news channels.
- Revise regularly: Regular revision is crucial for retaining the concepts learned. Make sure to revise the topics covered regularly to ensure that you don’t forget them.
SSC CGL Tier 1 Admit Card
The admit card for the SSC CGL Tier 1 exam is usually released a few weeks before the exam date. Candidates can download the admit card from the SSC’s official website by entering their roll number and date of birth. The admit card is an important document and candidates are required to bring it to the exam center along with a valid photo ID proof.
SSC CGL Tier 1 Answer Key
The SSC CGL Tier 1 answer key is usually released a few days after the completion of the exam. The answer key consists of the correct answers to all the questions asked in the exam. Candidates can use the answer key to calculate their estimated scores and get an idea of their chances of qualifying for the next stage of the selection process.
The SSC CGL Tier 1 answer key is released in two parts – the official answer key and the challenge answer key. The official answer key is released by the SSC and cannot be challenged by the candidates. The challenge answer key, on the other hand, can be challenged by the candidates if they feel that any of the answers in the key are incorrect.
Candidates can challenge the answer key by submitting their objections along with the supporting documents to the SSC. The SSC will then review the objections and make the necessary changes to the answer key if they are found to be valid.
Direct Links for SSC CGL Tier 1 Result
|SSC CGL Tier 1 Result||Click Here|
|Our Website||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|
|Join Us on WhatsApp||Click Here|
SSC CGL Tier 1 Cut-off Trend
The cut-off for the SSC CGL Tier 1 exam varies from year to year and is determined based on various factors such as the number of candidates who appeared for the exam, the difficulty level of the exam, and the availability of vacancies. Here is a trend of the SSC CGL Tier 1 cut-off for the past few years:
|Year||Cut-off (General)||Cut-off (OBC)||Cut-off (SC)||Cut-off (ST)|
It is important to note that the cut-off for the SSC CGL Tier 1 exam may vary based on the category of the candidate (General, OBC, SC, ST). Candidates are advised to keep an eye on the cut-off trend to get an idea of the marks required to qualify for the next stage of the selection process.
I hope this additional information is useful. Let me know if you have any further questions or need more information on any specific topic.